Refereed journal articles:
- Everitt, J. & Holmes, A. M. 2016. “Assessment of Novelty for Intellectual Property with Implications for Design Education: A Case Study” in The International Journal of Design Education, 10, 4, 45-54.
- Milroy, A. K.,Wagener, M., Holmes, A.M. 2015. “Labpunk – Curiosity, Intra-action and Creativeness in a Physics-art Collaboration” in Transformations Journal Issue 26 — Thinking in the Arts-Science Nexus, 2015.
- Milroy, A. K., Rozefelds, A. C., Coghlan, S., Holmes, A. M., Hocknull, S. 2015.”Digitising the Collection: Evaluating photogrammetry as a means of producing a digital three dimensional model” in Journal of Natural Science Illustration, 47, 3, 2015
- Everitt, J & Holmes, A. M. 2015. “The artifact as evidence of novel value in design education” in Global Journal on Humanities and Social Sciences 01, pp 227-232, 2015.
- Everitt, J & Holmes, A. M. 2014. “Prior Art: Disclosing a risk for Design Education” in Design Principles and Practices: An International Journal—Annual Review, Vol 8, pp 9-16, 2014.
- Holmes, A. M. 2012. “Social Creativity at the coalface: a heuristic case study incorporating non-human agency” in B. de la Harpe, M. Thembi & D. L. Brien (Eds.), TEXT Special Issue No 16 Strengthening learning and teaching leadership in the creative arts, October 2012.
- Holmes, A. M. 2011. “Reciprocal and complementary knowledge conversion in a work integrated learning collaboration” in Studies in Learning, Evaluation, Innovation and Development, Vol. 8, No. 2, special issue entitled Conceiving the whole: the attributes of creative arts education today, December, 2011.
- Holmes, A. M. 2010. “Cohesion, Adhesion and Incoherence: Magazine Production with a Flickr Special Interest Group” in M/C Journal 13.1, March 2010.
- Holmes, A. M. 2009. “Artworld: Changing Gatekeepers?” in Working Papers in Art and Design, volume 5, University of Hertfordshire, 2009. http://sitem.herts.ac.uk/artdes_research/papers/wpades/vol5/ahabs.html
- Holmes, A. M. 2008. “Syncretism in narrativity, visuality and tactility: a case study of information visualization concerning a news media event” in Reconstruction Vol. 8, No. 3, 2008. Ganz, A. & Khatib, L. (eds). Special issue entitled Visualization and Narrative.
- Holmes, A. M. 2006. “Our place: in between the primordial and the latter” in Transformations Journal, September 2006.
- Holmes, A. M. 2006. “Reconciling experimentum and experientia: reflective practice research methodology for the creative industries” in Speculation & Innovation: Applying Practice-Led Research in the Creative Industries, Queensland University of Technology, August 2006.
Papers in refereed proceedings:
- Holmes, A. M. 2014. “Software leaves its mark: memes and architectonics in Australian trademarks 1950-2000” in Peer Reviewed Proceedings of 5th Annual Popular Culture Association of Australia and New Zealand (PopCAANZ), Hobart 18-20 June, 2014, pp.31-44.
- Holmes, A. M., Kinslow, R. & Pope. 2012. “Learning Integrated Work: inter-organisational collaborators reflect on provision of authentic virtual multimedia project experience” in M. Campbell (Ed.), Proceedings of the Australian Collaborative Education Network (ACEN) National Conference, Deakin University, Geelong, 2012.
- Holmes, A. M., 2003. “Embodiment: Computer Networks and Symbiosis Revisited”, in the Proceedings of the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education, ED-MEDIA 2003 conference, June, 2003, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- Holmes, A. M. 2000. “‘Bridging Adelaide 2001’: photography and hyperimage, spanning paradigms”. International Society for Virtual Systems and Multimedia, VSMM 2000 conference proceedings, October 2000, Gifu, Japan.